- About Us
- Organic Meats
- Our Locations
POSTED ON: Nov 11 ,2019
Are you hosting Christmas for the first time this year? Have you ever cooked anything besides soup and pasta? Well, don’t worry, it is not that hard to cook Christmas dinner. The biggest task is getting the bird in the oven, and you can tell guests to bring the sides. If you are nervous about cooking the turkey, then do a trial run, using an organic chicken from Vancouver. If you can roast an organic chicken, you can roast an organic turkey. Here is a very simple roast chicken recipe that you can do on the weekend to try to prepare for Christmas dinner.
1 Whole Organic Chicken
1 cup of Soft Grass-fed butter
3 Celery sticks
1 Large Onion
1 tbls of Oregano
1tbls of Rosemary
1 tbls of Thyme
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 cup Olive oil
Salt and Pepper
1 Roasting tray
Here is how you prepare an organic chicken for roasting:
• Preheat the oven to 420˚ F.
• Chop all the vegetables and put them in the bottom of the roasting tray. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
• Finely chop all the herbs and garlic.
• Mix herbs, garlic and lemon juicewith soft butter and season with salt and pepper
• Gently push fingers between chicken skin and meat and then rub the butter and herb mixture between skin and meat.
• Season outside of organic chicken with salt and pepper and then drizzle olive oil over the bird.
• Insert lemon half in chicken cavity and place on top of chopped vegetables and put into the oven.
• Cook at 420˚ F for 20 minutes and then reduce heat to 350˚F.
• Cook organic chicken at 350˚ for 15 minutes per pound or to an internal temperature of 185˚F. If you don’t have a meat thermometer, then pierce the bird with a knife into the part above the thigh. If all the juices run clean and it has been 15 minutes per pound, then your organic chicken is cooked.
• Let rest for 30 minutes
You can serve your organic chicken from Vancouver with almost anything. We recommend an organic green salad and maybe some boiled baby potatoes tossed in oil and herbs. If you are wondering where to get a great organic chicken in Vancouver, then go to Pasture to Plate. They offer a large range of organic meats, including organic chicken in Vancouver.